Friday, January 30, 2009

Choosing Daycare Software

I think that choosing the right daycare software, and actually using daycare software, is one of the most important things that you can do to help move your daycare to being financially successful and emotionally rewarding for you and your family.
When you bring other people's children into your home and help to raise them, private time and family time are suddenly a precious commodity. Using the right daycare software for your needs is like having a tax accountant and an executive assistant at your beck and call.
For my daycare needs, Calendar Keeper Software, which has now changed names and is C-K Kids Minute Menu, was all that I needed and then some. I was referred to Redleaf Press by the CACFP trainer in my area, who brought a paper calendar keeper to the training class with her, and recommended that new home daycare providers track expenses using the Calendar Keeper.
After the class, I looked it over, wrote down the information, and went looking on the Internet for "Calendar Keeper". Thanks to Google Search, I found myself at Redleaf Press, where I found a plethora of information for beginning daycare providers like myself.
C-K Kids offers a 30 day free trial, and the tech support goes beyond description. I particularly remember one "tech", named Wallace. He gave so much support that I commenced calling him the "God of tech support"! They went above and beyond the call of duty every time that I needed any assistance with my software; I would have paid much more for this kind of service.
I always recommend shopping around to make sure that the product that you end up with suits your needs the most, but I won't be surprised if you, like me, end up with C-K Kids Minute Menu Software....it would be a steal at twice the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment